• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head light delay

Jeepsr4me

NAXJA Forum User
I just got me a 2001 Cherokee and i noticed it has the delay option for the head lights. But when i turn it off and then turn off the lights they go off as soon as i open the door and close it. Is there a way to change the delay time? Or is mine malfunctioning? They stay on about 5 to 10 seconds now.

The headlight delay on my 2000 is about 30 seconds or so. I would say that there is something wrong with yours, and while I'm not shure there's no way to adjust it.

My delay on my 97 last for about 45 seconds. I'm sure yours should be the same but I'd double check in your owners manual.
It may be possible that a previous owner wired something up into this circuit; maybe for an alarm or remote start.

I too is having problem with the headlamp delay. Do anyone know where the solonoid/s; timer etc's are located. I would like to do some trouble shooting in a attempt to remidy this.

techno1154 said:
I too is having problem with the headlamp delay. Do anyone know where the solonoid/s; timer etc's are located. I would like to do some trouble shooting in a attempt to remidy this.
on a 97 and 98 it's located under the dash. Take the panel below steering wheel off, take the steel panel off next and look to the upper left: it should be someplace there.

that shows where it is in 96 and up Jeeps. Any info on where it is in a 1990 model?

Pretty sure that's the problem in my rig... it's ticking me off!

I forgot to make a update on this issue. Once i had the corrosion removed off 2 of the pins going into the pcm the delay started working just fine.

Back