• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JB Conversions np231 SYE, now case won't shift

orvpark

NAXJA Member # 1374
I just did a SYE, i did it in the jeep so i didn't mess with the linkage.

Now that it's all put back together the jeep will not shift below 2H. I measured the shift rail when i had it out and it was just over 9" just like the instructions said it needed to be.

I looked through the peep hole and can see the rail hitting the back of the housing as if it's to long.

can someone point me in the right direction, i know i F'd something simple up :rattle:

yotaparts said:
I looked through the peep hole and can see the rail hitting the back of the housing as if it's to long.

Sounds like you found your problem.

silly question, but have you filled the t'case back up with fluid yet? On a '95 you shouldn't need to cut down the shift rail, but the t'case doesn't like to shift if it's still dry.

The most common re-assembly problems are installing either the mode fork backwards or the mode gear backwards or not propoerly engaging the mode fork pin on the sector!
BTW:What I like best is maintaining my street ratio while improving my crawl ratio!

Last edited:
Back