• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OT: 1988 SOA Grand Wag w/ Fuel Injection for sale (with pic)

BJ's Off-Road

NAXJA Forum User
As I'd rather spend some $$ on my recently-aquired XJ, I need to sell one of my other toys to make room / raise funds. I have a 1988 Grand Wagoneer that I'm selling, in Acworth, GA. It has a locker in the rear, D44 F&R with 2.73's (what I was told by previous owner). The suspension has already been converted to Spring-Over-Axle (SOA) and used Chevy Suburban springs in the rear, which moves the axle back. The previous owner trimmed the rear fenders to accommodate the larger tires.

Here are the highlights:

1. 1988 GW (Blue color)
2. SOA suspension
3. rear locker
4. Holley Pro-jection fuel injection
5. 37" tires (pic shows it on 35's, but those are being swapped out)
6. Rockcrawler-style rims
7. Rhino-lined floor inside the cab
8. Runs and drives!
9. Clear title and bill of sale

SOA_Rig.jpg

It needs a few odds and ends to be a great rig, but is driveable. The frame just in front of the front shock mount had some cracks and was broken along a line, so I took it to a reputable shop and had them repair it properly.

Items it needs are: rear window glass (previous owner removed), headliner, needs some exhaust work (from cat back), front driveshaft (needs a longer shaft as with SOA the stock front shaft would hit the exhaust) and a few other misc. items. None of these are huge deals or very expensive to fix. I can fix those various items, but will raise the price accordingly. I am just very limited on time these days.

Overall, this is a great rig that will make a killer trail rig with a little bit of work (could all be done inside of a weekend by someone with even slight mechanical knowledge).

I'm asking $3,500 as it is. If you are interested, email me at [email protected]

I also have two other rigs for sale, which will be posted up soon.

btw, anyone have a line on a used V6 for a 1986 XJ?

Back