• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

possible land closures in Shamokin Pa

flexj

NAXJA Forum User
Fella's,

We got a petition going on here to try to keep some public lands open. The typical tree huggers want to shut it down to keep illegal dumping out. We also want to keep illegal dumping out and are willing to help keep it out and keep it clean. If you would like to sign the petition, I'd appreciate it. Also, if you are in the area and would like to know when a clean up date is set, pm or email me and I'll let you know.

http://www.petitiononline.com/coalland/petition.html

Thanks.

Hamy

Fiveology said:
#437 I'm in Northern MD, and am not sure exactly were this place is. If its near you Flexj, I know were Manhiem is located. Any good trails there?

It's about 1hr north of me. There are some nice trails to run, nothing too hard core but we have breakage pretty often. It would suck if they suceed in closing it down. It's free too!!

Thanks to all for signing the petition.

Hamy.

Jeeppowermj, yeah I have been to Trails Rd. I haven't been in a few years though and can't remember road names for how to get there. I am pretty sure if you can find a road map for Southern PA you should be able to find it. I think it is listed in the ADC map for that county ( can't remember what county it's in though ). It is an actual public road though and a few people live on it at the top end so I would think it would be fairly easy to find on a map, maybe even on Mapquest. Flexj, thanks, that would make it about 2 hours north of me. I might have to try and find it this summer after I get some work done on my XJ. I just bought it at the begining of the month and it is totally stock. If you get anything organized for a cleanup or just an informal run let me know and I'll try to make it up.

Thats it, Airville PA. I think there are a few optional stream crossings, but be careful IIRC they are pretty deep. I used to go in from the east end, I don't know what the west end looks like.

Back