• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

grand cherokee tie rod swap?

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
did a search and it seems that most people have done this but they have done the ENTIRE steering setup ...and all i bent was the tie rod..

bent it wheelin sunday and this is my daily driver so i would like to get it back together soon....i am headed to the salvage yard tommorrow cause i am off work to pick up an oem one.....BUT i know where some pretty complete grands are sittin and wondered if i could fit a grand tie rod on there with the XJ steering setup and if i did would it be any beefier or is it just as good to get the OEM XJ one..

thanks for the help........

I have heard that the tierod from the v-8 grand is stronger. The whole system should fit right on. 99% sure. Hope that helps.

any tie rod at ALL!

okay i went to the pick and pulls that cut me a good deal cause i frequent there enough and they all told me they couldnt sell tie rods cause of a liability issue...i was like WTF!!!!..

then i called about a dozen different auto parts stores and none of them could come up with a dang tie rod.....so i go to autozone...nothing...advance ...nothing..pep boys...same thing...they all wanted to sell me the adjusting sleeve...NONE of them had a tie tod...

so should i be asking for something different???...i mean come on....a tie rods a tie rod.....thats what i would think anyhoo..

alright....thanks!

Use Stu's web link that Ronbo listed. It has the part numbers on there.

Take those numbers and go to Advance's web page to match them. The whole setup runs about $100.

This is what i did. They had all the parts in stock.

Mike

Back