• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recovery Pts.

Cherokee-Dan

NAXJA Forum User
I got a questiona bout recovery points on other vehicles. Like if You or I were to tow a possible vehicle out of a area and they dont have any Tow Hooks or points to attach where is the best spot. And the Straps are the shackle-less kind. I thought maybe attach to the frame somewhere or i dont know. Thanks in advance.

Dan

Cherokee-Dan said:
I got a questiona bout recovery points on other vehicles. Like if You or I were to tow a possible vehicle out of a area and they dont have any Tow Hooks or points to attach where is the best spot. And the Straps are the shackle-less kind. I thought maybe attach to the frame somewhere or i dont know. Thanks in advance.

Dan

well in all honesty i wouldnt pull that person myself with my own rig.. but thats me.... too much chance of damaging their vehicle.. some people feel the front axle tubes are an acceptable place to attatch to as well as the spring shackles in the rear... if it has an actual frame it could be wrapped up around the frame rail itself... make it a point to get the proper stuff on your rig and then bug your friends about doing the same..

well i was wondering incase like a family member or friend had gone off the road. Oh i also just bought a reciever tow hook and a 30' pro comp strap a 20,000 lb cap. For 28.00 on 4 wheel parts.

I've pulled a few people out of the woods on occasion, just did one last month in my front yard, Tarus wagon. I used the tie down points on the taurus to pull with, put a D ring thru the tie down and put the looped end of my strap on the D ring, other end went on the front of my daughters TJ and out it came. Was a bit nervous as I had no idea how strong the tie down was but I guess it was strong enough. Actually it came out pretty easy once we dragged it sideways away from a tree a couple of feet for straight back pull to the road.

Back