• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cat flange-where to get

Erik Litchy

NAXJA Forum User
I need the cat converotr flange when I bought my jeep it was hacked and the flange has almost no metal left and was welded to an aftermarket cat. its a 4 bolt square flange.

If it's like my RENIX XJ's, that flange is ctually part of the catalytic converter. I see three options:

1) Check out your local salvage outfit for an old cat, and cut the flange off. Have an exhaust shop weld a pipe stub to it for you, and use that.

2) Cut off the mating flange, and go pipe-to-pipe (which I'd sooner not do, but I've got a 5-speed and that flange makes changing the clutch easier...)

3) Take dimensions in to a machine shop and see if they'll make something for you out of 1/4" or 3/8" mild steel. Take it to an exhaust shop and have a pipe stub welded on.

I've toyed with making a batch of them next time I get into the machine shop, for just this sort of occasion...

BTW - How'd selling that damper on Ebay go? I hate being broke...

5-90

Back