• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my heep will never be done

Jaysheep

NAXJA Forum User
Alright , I am at the point of giving up, I have no time anymore and no heat in the garage. This POS should have been done a long time ago, but because I am lazy and ran into some financial BS so the work has all but stopped. I still need to:
finish installing suspension ( I have all the parts - I think)
install rear D44 ( sitting in driveway)
get new battery
finish paint/primer
something for bumpers
I have roll on liner for the interior that needs to go in

i still need to get:
wheels and tires
gears
mock up some kind of exhaust

this would get my POS at least out of the garage and on the trail. Not nearly the way I wanted it , but its a step in the right direction

Anyone want to finsih this work for me - parts and/or labor donations are gladly accepted - , or you could just kick my ass to get me motivated to get back to work and git-er-done.....
Ok I am done crying now..........see you on the trail in 2010

Damn, if you were not so far away I would start helping. So I'll just be here to say MOVE YOUR ASS! I know what its like to not have time. With school and other things i barly have time to do anything to my jeep let alone tackle the list you have.

I'm sure you can get some people together to help.
good luck

-Spaze

What are you looking for in tires? I have a set of 32's I'm not using.

Jaysheep said:
finish installing suspension ( I have all the parts - I think)
install rear D44 ( sitting in driveway) Do you have working axles under it? If so, this can wait.
get new battery
finish paint/primer Why bother, it'll just get scratched up anyway. Cover bare metal and deal with the rest later.
something for bumpers Bumpers are for the Colorado section
I have roll on liner for the interior that needs to go in Yeah, this can wait too.

i still need to get:
wheels and tires
gears
mock up some kind of exhaust

Sounds like you need to host the next wrenchfest. I'll warm up my size 10's.

I would happily host a wrench fest if you can handle the cold. I do have a small propane heater in the garage.
The heep does have working axles init, but I gotta regear, so I might as well bolt up the D44 while I'm under there.
I lost a lot of motivation for this project bercause it took me months to get my suspension together, but this was my fault - i gave my money to Rusty's offorad - oh well we live and we learn.

I would like to be on the trail by winterfest , but I think this is a pipe dream. Too bad badlands won't let me in with my ram.....

Jaysheep said:
I would like to be on the trail by winterfest , but I think this is a pipe dream. Too bad badlands won't let me in with my ram.....

You should come anyway and just ride along. I'm not bringing my Jeep either, it hasn't been wheeled since the summer of '03.

is there anything actually wrong with you jeep or is this all stuff you just "want" to get done?

cheers,

jj

Lawn Cher' said:
You should come anyway and just ride along. I'm not bringing my Jeep either, it hasn't been wheeled since the summer of '03.

i will if anyone has a seat open......I guess I shouldn't complain, my heep hasn't been inthe garage that long. It was tearin up construction sites just last summer ('04).

jjchgo said:
is there anything actually wrong with you jeep or is this all stuff you just "want" to get done?

cheers,

jj

well its in abunch of pieces, it has no front suspension installed currently, there is nothing on the inside expect sheet metal and dashboard. I guess it depends what you mean by "actually wrong. "
It doesn't start because the battery is dead and it has no tires so it is on blocks. Oh yeah and it has no muffler or cat.
so , yes, i "want" to have tires and a running jeep, but I think front suspension would be beneficial as well as at least a drivers seat.
some of the other items are defintley not mandatory, but might as well install them while everything is apart.

I know how you feel. im in the same boat except my xj is in my friends garage so the days i want to work on it (almost everyday) he is to tired or has something else to do. So i have decided to move it back to my house. But just like you i have half my lift on, a dana 44 siting in my garage, and a few containers of roll on bed liner. oh yea no exhaust too.

Good luck with your build though. If you do have a wrenchfest and i dont already have plans, ill def. come out and help.

Trevor

In my experience, you are better off skipping some wheeling time to finish the buildup properly than trying to rush it and winding up with a pile of crap. And you can quote me on that.

and I quote -

Lawn Cher' said:
In my experience, you are better off skipping some wheeling time to finish the buildup properly than trying to rush it and winding up with a pile of crap. And you can quote me on that.

thanks!

I have a set of 3.5" ZJ coils I can part with, for $100.
These are 6 months old, and will lift an XJ 4.5-5", depending on front end weight.
For sure, you are the only one with Jeep problems.
Everyone else's crap went together with no issues, and we all had tons of time to do it.
Whiny biatch.

bgcntry72 said:
I have a set of 3.5" ZJ coils I can part with, for $100.
These are 6 months old, and will lift an XJ 4.5-5", depending on front end weight.
For sure, you are the only one with Jeep problems.
Everyone else's crap went together with no issues, and we all had tons of time to do it.
Whiny biatch.

thanks for the offer, but you don't read too well, I have all of the suspension parts, i just haven't put them in.....
how did you find out about my wife's pet name for me....

jaysheep aka Whiny biatch

Jaysheep said:
thanks for the offer, but you don't read too well

And you don't wrench too well.
If you can't handle the lifestyle, get a boat, or a mountain bike, or something else.
Line forms to the left.

bgcntry72 said:
get a boat, or a mountain bike, or something else.
I am way (see my baby pic in avatar) to fat for a mountain bike, and I had a boat, but i couldn't figure out how to get it in 4 lo ......geez guess i'm just not cut out for this........anybody wanna buy my heep and parts or should I just recycle it as scrap metal

Lawn Cher' said:
Not much easier, IMHO.

I have not had one issue with the current watercraft, but generally, I would agree.
Hole in the water, hole on the trail.
Horse apiece.
All I am saying is, I regeared my axles in 2 days, with ZERO experience, the instructions that came with the r&p, and some pictures from the internet.
If you can turn a wrench, you can remove and install a front suspension in an afternoon, barring broken stuff.
For the exhaust, drag 5-6 crisp $20s to a muffler shop and call it good.
Unless you have a well heated garage, the roll-on liner ain't gonna happen for a few months.
Buy some pizza and beer, ask for help, and quit cryin'.
Not one of us here hasn't had a 15 minute job turn into a weeklong reconstruction at some point or another.
Get off the computer and start making a dent, now.
This site has all the help and advice you could ever ask for, so use it.
You need some triangulation in your epidermal region.
Get over yourself, stat.

Back