• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95XJ - New Wobble...

ROCKWGN

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Folks,
I have a 95XJ, 6.5" lift, Dana 44 front end, RE HD trackbar and mount (which was welded to the frame because it kept coming loose), 33" MTRs which were just balanced (I have run MTRs on the XJ for over a year, no wobble), a very recent front end alignment and I think all the front suspention parts are tight. The front end components (RExpress) have about 30,000 miles on them. I never used to have any vibs or wobble, until recently. At 45 to 50MPH I get a mild to moderate wobble in the front end. At speeds above 50MPH it flattens out up to 75MPH. I don't dare go much faster than that. Any ideas from the pros???
Thanks,
Sean M.

I have a sililar problem on my 2000 XJ. I have replaced the tie rod at the pitman arm, both u-joints in the front axle, and teh left side ball joints. While all those components were worn, it still hasn't stopped the vibe. The vibe is present between 45-55. It is a slight vibe that does get worse over bumps, but doesn't get to death wobble.. yet. I can't find anything else lose or worn on the front suspension and everythjing is tight. I just had my tires balanced again and it didn't yield anything. Botht hube look good and I pryed them with a pry bar, but I found no movement. Any ideas?

-Chris

I have the same thing on my 92 XJ(8" long arm), and I think it is track bar related. After reading the info on http://www.performanceunlimited.com ,click on the steering link, and talking to the guys on the phone, that is what I came up with. That and the fact that my steering has alot of play in it. So I ordered their steering set up and track bar. It should be in this week. Another reason why I believe it is the track bar, the jam nut on the adjustment part of the bar was loose, so I tighted it and the mounting bolts and that helped alot. We'll see how the new stuff works.

Back