• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar ?

jeeppowermj

NAXJA Forum User
i bought my MJ 6 months ago and since i got it the sway bar link on the right side was broken. THe onroad performance isnt bad. If i just cut the other one off will that affect it anymore since its not really connected anyway? thanks for the help

id recommend none over just one side... but you may want to look into getting new ones because in case of an emergency, you dont want to cut the wheel and find out you roll over 10 times due to no sway bar. Some people disagree but life is too short and rolling over is a shitty way to die.

Is this on the front or rear? If its lifted and its for the front, now would be the time to get qucik disconects. I wouldnt run with no swaybars in the front on the road, but this has been covered a lot here. HTH

Sway bars are on the vehicles for a very important reason. SAFETY Buy one cheap at a junk yard and install it. Quicker disconnects work really well too.

Back