• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom 4x4 Fabrication rear bumper mounts

R

rangerjoe2001

can anyone tell me how the custom 4x4 fabrication rear bumper mounts to the jeep. Does it tie into the hitch holes, or does it just attach to the stock 8 rear bumper mounts?

pictures would be cool!

If you get the tire carrier, then it will mount to the frame rail with the two bolts closest to the rear. No pics, sorry.

Mine is not the tire carrier and it mounts to the 8 factory holes, and the rear 2 frame holes on each side.

Mine is about 3 years old, it only uses the factory mounting holes. Make sure to liberaly use your break-free of choice. I snapped two of my bolt heads off during the install. Mine doesen't have the tire carrier.

Last edited:
thanks guys.. so is the one with the two "frame bolts" compatible with aftermarket hitches?

I've got a Reese hitch on my tire carrier model and it fits fine. Give c4X4 a call. I'm sure they can answer any questions you have.

John John hooked up his travel trailer to his C4x4 bumper, and it left him with a bent bumper before he even left home. He ended up getting a motel room for the Fall Fling at Moab this past October. You might want to ask him about it.

Dan

rangerjoe2001 said:
thanks guys.. so is the one with the two "frame bolts" compatible with aftermarket hitches?

Yeah, I'm using a Hidden Hitch with mine. I wouldn't use the C4x4 as a tow point.

dbxj said:
Yeah, I'm using a Hidden Hitch with mine. I wouldn't use the C4x4 as a tow point.

yeah thats what im thinkin... i want the bumper for the tire carrier.. alrerady have the hitch as a tow point

Heres a VERY nice example of bumper mounts that use the 8 stock holes and all of the frame holes.

These were made by Billy aka JeepFreak21

bumper2.jpg

bumper1.jpg

baseballneal86 said:
Heres a VERY nice example of bumper mounts that use the 8 stock holes and all of the frame holes.

These were made by Billy aka JeepFreak21

bumper2.jpg

bumper1.jpg
How does the actual bumper attach to those brackets??? Thanks

I don't see how those would fit against the stock body metal unless a notch to the lip of metal directly in line with the strap that goes along the under side of the uni-frame rail was cut and ground away. I believe the bumper would weld to the rectangular tubing opposite the piece that extends under the uni-frame. Jeff

Back