• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Difference between budget boosts

telemike

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any difference between the Daystar budget boost and Teraflex other than around $60?

Daystar has front coil spacers and greasable rear shackles, teraflex offers same components. However, Daystar is way cheaper?

Any comments?

:dunce:

Can o worms! some say shackles are the best, others say AAL's are the best. I saw a shackle BB on my way home the other day and it looked really bad in the back, the spring was down too far. If it were added to say a 3" lift it wouldn't be so bad. Take a look at using Dakota springs out back, same amout of work as an AAL and no excelerated wear issues. You can get front spacers for little of nothing and the rear leaves will likely cost you $50 at your local junk yard. You can get the spring bolts from the same company you get the front spacers from, or your local auto parts store. Check out www.cheapxj.com for more info on the dakota leaf swap.
FWIW I got a RE BB from dirk at DPG and I'm happy, the AAL ride isn't that stiff, besides it's a Jeep not a minivan!

Back