• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diesel Battery Tray

HoodRichXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I picked this forum to ask this question, I'm looking for a diesel battery tray for cherokee, i know the diesels where only overseas, but all of the local dealers say they cannot get that part because it was an export only vehicle. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks -steve

Dealers can check their warehouses and order it if they really want to. Talk to other dealers, even non-Jeep, dc dealers. They can order Jeep parts.

My Jeep guy got me one a couple of years ago, but that's because I've known him for years and remember him on Christmas and various other times of the year. He's really cool, we're on a first name basis. They have to have some pull, I imagine, to get a part not approved for a vehicle that cannot be legally sold in the US.

Maybe with the diesel Liberty things will lighten up.

There's another link I think I have that I'll try to find when I get home from work. It describes the minor cutting and grinding to make the diesel tray fit. I'll try to snap a couple of photos when I get home, too.

Mike #300

Back