• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/c

Ecarlcl

NAXJA Forum User
During a hot sweltering KC summer day, my A/C high side pressure gets to high and trips the safety and shuts the compressor down. Has my 190,000 mile auxillary fan finnaly had it? Also my heater doesnt blow very hot would a flush of a heater core fix that too?

Thanks,
Ethan

Ecarlcl said:
During a hot sweltering KC summer day, my A/C high side pressure gets to high and trips the safety and shuts the compressor down. Has my 190,000 mile auxillary fan finnaly had it? Also my heater doesnt blow very hot would a flush of a heater core fix that too?

Thanks,
Ethan

Either the condensor isn't getting much air (aux fan not working or such) or the system is overcharged slightly. Usually flushing/backflushing the heater core will get the temps back up.

I'll get some guages on it and check it. I was just curious if the electric fan could be running at a slightly lower rpm than it should and that could be the issue. It works fine on the highway.

Thanks
Ethan

Ecarlcl said:
I'll get some guages on it and check it. I was just curious if the electric fan could be running at a slightly lower rpm than it should and that could be the issue. It works fine on the highway.

Thanks
Ethan

If the A/C works fine on the highway, I would lean toward the fan. Check to make sure the condenser isn't packed full of mud/leaves, and if not, I'd say fan. I flushed my heater core when I put the new radiator in and now I have to turn the heat down it gets so warm.....

Ecarlcl said:

Thanks
Ethan

Yes if the fan blade is spinning on the shaft which does happen. It usually makes some abnormal noise.

Back