• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 33x12,5x15 be to big for 4.5 superflex lift.

pm1

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering. Looking for tires for the up and coming lift of our XJ. Found some 33x12.5x15 on wheels with a 3.75 backspacing for a decent price. So question is, are these to big or wide for a 94 Cherokee Sport with a 4.5 superflex Rubicon Express lift? Thanks

pm1 said:
Just wondering. Looking for tires for the up and coming lift of our XJ. Found some 33x12.5x15 on wheels with a 3.75 backspacing for a decent price. So question is, are these to big or wide for a 94 Cherokee Sport with a 4.5 superflex Rubicon Express lift? Thanks

too big? no.. expect to trim the fenders a little though.. if you intend to get the full articulation out of it ou will have to cut the front pretty high.. otherwise get bigger bumpstops to keep from mashing your fenders....

this is what i have.. works excellent for me...

standard

pm1 said:

3.75" backspacing I think with a 4.5" lift you will have to either cut the hell out of the wheel wells or bumpstop it bigtime.

you'll be fine, run around 4" with same tires and wheels and only added 2" worth of bumpstops. i did trim a good deal front and back

hwat you intend to run i think. i still make some contact inside the wheel well but i have everything beat flat so no problem there. with yours you should clear them perfectly, if you trim. mine is taken to the windshield fluid container(97+) and as much as i could get in the back making vertical cuts

edit: forgot one thing, ymmv

here is mine with the 4.5" superflex, 33x12.50 on 15x8 3.75" backspace. i trimmed the fronts only. so far so good.
jeep2.jpg

jeep1.jpg

jeep3.jpg

fyi i had to trim a lot more up front, no pics now but who knows maybe later

dellstopjeep said:
not trying to steal post, but oliver how did u do those lights on the hood.

it was as simple as figuring out where i wanted them on the hood, drilled the holes and bolted them through. just be careful that you put them in far enough from the sides so they the hood will still close. there is a little lip around the edge under there. then i grounded the lights to the hood hinges and ran the power wire through the firewall to the switch inside and the power from the battery to the switch. not hard at all.

dellstopjeep said:
not trying to steal post, but oliver how did u do those lights on the hood.
i didnt even notice, they look pretty nice. i would think they would get in the way. think you could take a shot from sitting inside?

Ill chime in with some visuals. Some problems I ran into... You wont be able to drive much without doing atleast a little trimming. Atleast the bottom corners of the front flares. I couldnt turn at all after backing it out of the garage the first time. The rears are good...although today I rubbed while flexing for the first time...but I was flexing pretty hard. I trimmed...as seen in the pics...about 2" off the front flares. I can flex and turn without hitting anything. Oh yeah...I have 4.5" superflex with 33 x 12.5 M/Ts on 15x8 rims with 4.0" BS. Have fun!!

Before trimming up...you can kinda see where I had to use the saws-all on the rear bottom corner of the flare. That got me down the road...still rubbed in reverse tho...
648974_31_full.jpg

This is after I trimmed the fender and relocated the flare. Really not hard. Maybe a few hours of work with some simple tools. Once you get into it sort of gets to be fun.
648974_36_full.jpg

First flex...Still plenty of room front and back.
648974_34_full.jpg

Finally, this is the clearence while flexed with way too mcuh bumpstop. Im at about 4.5" of bumpstop. I went with the old "add as much bump stop as lift" rule. At this point I could still turn almost lock to lock without rubbing.
648974_40_full.jpg

Any questions or pic requests feel free to ask.

Justin

pm1 said:

no

Back