• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Dana 30 housing

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
I'm looking for one from a 91-99, high pinion.
If anyone has one near me or is willing to ship, please let me know.

XJCHUCK72 said:
I have that 93, geared 3.07 and 260 joints. I would like $200 plus shipping (or may meet you half way at your cost or just come over and wheel with us) , or may be willing to trade for the D30 LS you have. :)
Chuck-
Can you sell me just the housing? I was going to use my current axles and knuckles. I don't even need the carrier you have, as it won't work w/4:11s anyway.
Let me know; I'm interested! ;)

XJCHUCK72 said:
Ok, I'll knock it down to $150 +shipping. That should shave a little weight off.

BTW

What knuckle, hub and axle combinations work together. I remember you working all that out. If I end up with the extra knuckles and such can I use them on the 01' TJ axle?
A '93 knuckle and hub will work fine on a TJ. The ones before '90 are different.
I need the housing, carrier caps, and cover.
Tell me how much to ship to Flagstaff 86001. It should be able to go UPS if it's stripped down. I had a quote from a guy in Ogden, UT to ship an entire axle here for $65.

XJCHUCK72 said:
Alright, I'll get to it. The bad thing is I have to dismantle the whole thing before I can weigh it. Any sugestions as far as packaging? I guess just wrap it up in carboard with a ton of tape. :)

I'll try to have it ready to ship by next week. When I get it that far, maybe do paypal or something.
That works for me! Let me know when you're ready. I'll start looking for a carrier!:)
Thanks.

XJCHUCK72 said:
What's wrong with the Torsen?
I'll probably end up using it, although selling the axle whole is also attractive if I coud get enough for it. It seems it would be easier to move that way.
BTW, would you be able to send me a pic of this axle housing?

Last edited:
XJCHUCK72 said:
Sure, how many do you want :D

I'd keep the LS, unless you really want a locker.
I PM'd you with my email address. Please send me a few pics of the axle housing.
Thanks!

d 30 housing

I have a bare housing don't know for sure what year it is a disconnect style though. let me know if intersted. I'm in western CO.

Re: d 30 housing

Barry said:
I have a bare housing don't know for sure what year it is a disconnect style though. let me know if intersted. I'm in western CO.
As much as I'd LOVE to make a trip back out to Colorado, I was looking for a non-disco housing.
Thanks anyway!:cool:

I'm cryin'! I'm in L.A. and need to head back to the Grand Canyon and need one piece axle shafts! Too I didn't check this board when I got into town Friday night. Too bad Fresno is so far north

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it left me stranded. I need the shafts to replace the shafts missing from mhy front axle. With better planning I could have picked up that axle & delivered to the guy in Flag and possibly got someone to give me the axle shafts for playing delivery boy!

FOUND ONE!

I'm bought the one Chuck has, and have a friend picking it up next week sometime.
New project time!;)

Back