• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guage cluster ?

xray

NAXJA Member #1056
Can anyone tell me if those reverse glow gauges they sell on ebay for 91 -96 xjs will work in a 89. they look the same to me but i am just wondering if they are. has anyone bought them for thier pre 91. Mine has the tach and all the same gauges. tia for any help on this subject.

No the reason is the trip odometer reset button location. There is someone making them for the 84-90 models though.

MJR said:
No the reason is the trip odometer reset button location. There is someone making them for the 84-90 models though.

Not just the button location. The 91-up use an electronic speedo, the earlier ones mechanical. Note though that they did also change the location of the trip odometer button during the 84-90 model run. Although you can swap whole gauge clusters between years, I found that the speedo and gauges themselves changed between 87 and 89 and were not interchangeable.

Back