• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some Questions?

fasta76

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys..

1. Wil a header for a 91 + H.O. fit on a 89 non H.O. Cherokee? The reason i ask is that they use the same Gasket??

2. How good is the 5 Speed in a 91 Laredo?? 4.0 H.O. Over an Automatic??

3. How do The guys that have stroker Motors Like them and are they worth the $$$$$ ?

4. What type of lifts are guys running to clear 33 with cutouts? I was looking at the rubi Express 4.5???

Thanks...

Tom

1. I believe so.

2. The AX-15 is a great tranny, I prefer autos, but if it had to have a manual this would be the one.

3. I don't have one so I can't really say, but they can be built yourself for under $1000 and they seem like great power for the money.

4. By cutouts I assume you mean fender trimming? The RE 4.5" lift will clear 33s with some minor trimming and IMO RE lifts are the best.

can you read?
can you see?
can you type?
can you operate the mouse?
then click on the search button and look something up for a change!

sorry had to get that out of me
here are the answers to the questions i know
the auto vs standard thing. many people prefer auto over standard when wheelin for many reasons some being the ease of use no double footing the gas/brake also you can crawl a little slower at something with an auto because of the design. less strain on components because of the non direct link up of drivtrain.
the standard well.... i have one and love it you can down shift to gain control on the road/ trail slow decent without using brakes pop the clutch and do big burners!! now there are prob a million more things people will chim in about too
also the AW4 which is found in most cherokee's is somewhat stronger than the ax15. some models came with different tranny's but i forget the years right now.
Strokers...
well i think everyone that has them loves them because they talk so highly about them great power for a reasonable price and no mod's needed to the rest of the body to run them such as would be needed to run say a 350..
33's 4.5 sould be fine people run with much less and much more it is all a matter of preferance most people try to have as small a lift as possible with the biggest tires to keep the cog low.

but seriously look into the search button it will do wonders for all of your questions! :)

Back