• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

emergency brake recall???

davidt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 MJ, the guy I bought it from said that he thought the ebrake had a recall (the ebrake doesn't stick, it just pops out, seems like the ratcheting mechanism is broken) is there any truth to this or am I going to have to replace the ebrake? Any simple fixes? Thanks. David

Last edited:
Go to your local dealer with the VIN and ask them to check for outstanding recalls on the vehicle. If you want to spend $25 the buy an 1 year membership to www.alldatadiy.com and set up the account for your MJ. They have all the recalls and service bullitens listed for the vehicle. You can read through the bullitens to see what applies to your vehicle. You can pick up a lot of tips or things to check by a read.

I highly recommend a subscription, they also list instructions to replace most things and generally list the parts cost and part numbers. On repair will pay for the membership. A set of factory manuals and alldatadiy well keep your vehicle running.

If you go to the "For Owners" section of Jeep.com you can type in the last 8 digits on yout VIN and get outstanding recalls....saves you a trip to the dealer.

sweet, just went there and no recall. The guy told me there was one, he also was kind enough to give me the sway bar disconnects, didn't notice there was no swaybar! what a jerk.

Back