• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joint replacement estimate $$$

Deyman

NAXJA Forum User
Is $450 a decent estimate for Lower ball joint replacement, PA state insp. and emissions($50) and alignment? I have noticed a little slop in the steering and it's has the characteristic click when I turn. I cringe at inspection time. It's a 97 sport with 118k on it. I replaced the track bar with an adjustable one last year. 3.5" lift. TIA

Sounds about right if it involves you sitting in a waiting room eating popcorn, drinking coffee, and watching Jerry Springer through the static on the TV with foil and coathanger for an antenna. ;)

Sounds about right. Out here in CA I had two shops quote me around $500 for ball joint replacement.

How hard of a job it is depends on how rusted up the joints are, and if you have the right tools for the job.

I (with Chewy's and NotoriousDUG's help) did all 4 balljoints on mine a couple of years ago in a little over 4 hours, no power tools involved. Gotta have a pickle fork, a big socket for the nuts (mine was 1 5/6",) and the biggest balljoint press you can get your hands preferably with the Dana adapters.

The work is being done by the shop. I don't have the time or the right tools to do it myself, or I would. Not to mention it's about 20*F and windy in my driveway. Believe me, I'd rather spend the money on something else for the jeep, but it's my dd and I need the work done asap. Thanks for the info.

Back