• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about slip yoke eliminator

pm1

NAXJA Forum User
We are getting ready to install a Super Flex Rubicon lifts to 4.5 on a 94 XJ. Some of the sites I have ran into recommended a slip yoke eliminator. Can someone tell me what this does and is it absolutly needed.

Every XJ is different. Some need it, some don't. On a 94 with 4.5", I suspect you'll be on the edge.

It does exactly what it says, it eliminates the slip yoke on the transfer case output shaft and replaces it with a fixed yoke. A new driveshaft is required, with a slip shaft in the center.

if the rearend is a dana 35 low pinion then you will definatly need it. chrys 8.25 you might be able to get away with a t-case drop.

ChiXJeff said:
Every XJ is different. Some need it, some don't. On a 94 with 4.5", I suspect you'll be on the edge.

It does exactly what it says, it eliminates the slip yoke on the transfer case output shaft and replaces it with a fixed yoke. A new driveshaft is required, with a slip shaft in the center.

What Jeff said... If you need it, you'll find out by the vibrations... Does your kit come with a degree shim under the leaf packs?
If you ever plan on going bigger than a 4.5" lift, it would be a good investment.

pm1 said:
We are getting ready to install a Super Flex Rubicon lifts to 4.5 on a 94 XJ. Some of the sites I have ran into recommended a slip yoke eliminator. Can someone tell me what this does and is it absolutly needed.
my personal recomendation:
when you buy one, get an HD SYE (Heavy Duty Slip Yoke Elimator) that has a new shaft, dont buy the one that requires you to cut, drill, and tap...

oh - and realize that you will need a new driveshaft to go with the SYE...

Last edited:
I think you'll be fine with stock driveshaft and no SYE , I have a 1990 and I was fine at 4.5 in with stock shaft. Right now I have a true 6 inches of lift from my Full Traction 6" Lift Long Arm Kit that went in about a week ago and I run same driveshaft however I just put a YJ slip yoke onto my driveshaft to give me an extra 3/4 of an inch. And im fine , I dont trust wheeling it though so i wouldnt recommend that but I think if you had the YJ slip yoke in youd be able to wheel worry free. In the big picture get the Slip Yoke Eliminator , im just doing my setup temporarily till im ready to swap in my 8.8 .

I got mine from this guy a few years ago... Beefy Stuff
http://www.bayougeep.com/pages/products/xfer/ss.html

shortshaftkit.jpg

Back