• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil boosters

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
i have the rusty's 3 inch lift with the full leaf packs, and my rear is alot higher then my front, since i'm out at college, there isn't many auto stores, but i found today at advance auto there's coil boosters that i could use to level it out, there are ones that look like rubber blocks, and big round ones that i suppose sit on the bottom of the coil, and there is also metal spacers that go in the coil its self and raise it by turning the nuts...my question is did anyone ever use any of these, and would i be able to use them on my cherokee to raise it up about an inch and half. thanks everyone

Dave

The rubber coil spacers go on top of the coil, not on bottom. They are pretty easy to install. I did mine in a total of about 5 hours (4 on the first one, on on the second). As for the things that insert IN the coil, it doesn't sound very appealing. It sounds like it would take some of the recoil (?) or whatever out of the spring. I say go for the spacers, ditch the "other".

The spacers Imma Honky is talking about are the poly spacers, and they go on top. The ones Pep Boys sells would (on an XJ) go on the bottom, but they'll only add maybe half an inch, and you can't stack them.

The metal coil extenders are a bad idea. They produce short sections of higher stress in the coil, rather than having the stress equally distributed for the full length.

The spacers Imma Honky is talking about would be the best. They come in 3/4" and 1-3/4" heights, and are available just about anywhere. Daystar has them, Rusty's has them, DPG has them, and so do lots and lots of other sources.

Eagle said:
The spacers Imma Honky is talking about are the poly spacers, and they go on top. The ones Pep Boys sells would (on an XJ) go on the bottom, but they'll only add maybe half an inch, and you can't stack them.

The metal coil extenders are a bad idea. They produce short sections of higher stress in the coil, rather than having the stress equally distributed for the full length.

The spacers Imma Honky is talking about would be the best. They come in 3/4" and 1-3/4" heights, and are available just about anywhere. Daystar has them, Rusty's has them, DPG has them, and so do lots and lots of other sources.
Hmmm, didn't know they made spacers that went on the bottom. That wouldn't seem to safe to me, since there isn't much to keep them on, but then again, I could be wrong.

can also just go to a junkyard a get a couple stock isolators. couple on each side would work

Can I ask how old is your 3" lift, I'm really surprised that you need to raise the front by 1.5 inches, it's normally the other way round, the rear sags.
If it's a new lift then maybe the rear hasn't settled yet.
But 1.5 inches that's a big difference even for a rustys lift unless it's brand new, are you certain it needs to go that much?

Ok just seen your other post! my rusty's 3" lift has sagged an 1" over 6 months of off-road wheelin, what else can I say apart from can I have your springs!!

Last edited:
Back