• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

photo hosting services???

Loose_Nuts_Enterprises

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
What are some good ones? Preferably free. If you've been watching the oem tech board, you'll know that I've been spending all of my money on my freakin cooling system. Seeing that needle in the red zone definately makes me sweat!

Oh yeah, This is about photos , right?

Thanks, Dan

I am biased (since the photohoster is run by NAXJA members) but...

sb-host.com offers great service. It's not free, but is very reliable and offers easy user interface/uploads. I am not a computer guru, and also one that got hosed by Photopoint... I tried the free ones (which suck IMHO) and then took my business to sb-host.

check them out (my album linked) and see.

http://www.sb-host.com/imagehost/showphoto.php?photo=175

Free like www.ofoto.com but you can't direct link the photos for posts. Yahoo also offers a certain amount for free. I use www.fototime.com which has a free trial and pay service. Some Jeep boards also can be used for free and direct linked to photos.

nice part about sb host that I did forget to mention is that you can link directly to the pics :) :) I did look at ofoto but the fact that you have to link to a page can be hassle sometimes :(

Kejtar

Thanks Kejtar and Woody! Good to hear from satisfied people. :)

Yes, we offer PhotoHosting. No, it is not free. I do not care who ya put your pictures up with.. It costs somebody money. Bandwidth is not free. You start linking your pics hosted for free to popular forums... They will eventually catch on and shut you down.

There are free places that are good. Some are not.

We charge a nominal fee to cover the costs, as our target offering is to Jeepers, such as ourselves. We paid for the software, we pay for the bandwidth. We do NOT put text on your photos, or make you jump through hoops to link them to the forums.

Business is business. The free guys will either go away and shaft ya, or put up banner ads to advertise, and mark up your pictures.

Best bet.. Look to your ISP to use up your web space if they provide it, or look for a provider that offers a service.

If you want free, go for it. I have nothing against being cheap.
If you want service and support, it might cost you a few bucks a month.
http://www.sb-host.com/imagehost/index.php

We are Jeepers, and appreciate your consideration when looking for a place to serve your images.
Glenn

I went ahead and got the sb-host. If I can trust everyone here for tech advice, I don't know why this topic would be any different. Most of the shots of my XJ are semi-poseur shots because I'm the one with the camera so I have to take most of the pics myself.

Anyway, Thanks, all....soon I can show the my junk in progress.

Dan

hit the IMG button and put in the link to the pic in the window that pops up.... make sure that you're using the link to the pic not to the page that the pic is on :)

Kejtar

Back