• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 blocks?

diabloxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i want alittle more lift. i was thinking about going with inch coil speacers and inch blocks for the rear. i have no problem finding coil speacers, but where can i get blocks for the ford 8.8 for my rear? any help will be great!

Most autoparts stores sell blocks for leaf sprung vehicles...they will usually come with 2 blocks and 4 u-bolts. I've seen them in 1", 2" , and 3" at my local pepboys.

Is the 8.8 already installed?
Swapping in an 8.8 already gives ya alittle lift vs a D35 or 8.25, don't remember how much exactly...
if it's already in there, what determines the "application" for the blocks is their width, height and angle...
Your leafs determine the block not the axle, unless you want a block that's wider than your leafs :dunno:

IIRC you'll need 2.5" wide blocks
height? you pick
angle? depends on your lift height and driveline angles..

When I did my 8.8, I cut my own perches out of 2.5 x .25 square tube. I incorporated a 1.5" lift into the perch and just welded it on. Just make sure that the perch is long enough. (I made mine 6" to lessen axle wrap)

HTH, John

i have the skyjacker RR kit. i think it comes with the longer shackels. does anyone know for sure. if not i'll go that way because i really don't want to go with blocks myself.

What size RR kit? They come in different sizes...
The size of the 8.8 axle plus a RR kit should definately give ya lift without blocks...
You know you HAVE to fab perches, buy MORE's kit or move the 8.8 perches over right?

Back