• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99+ Intake Manifold Questions, Swap on a 93 XJ

NHxj4x4

NAXJA Member #1132
Guys,

I'm doing the 99+ Intake manifold on my 93 Cherokee. I also want to get a bored out throttle body. Now, should I order the throttle body for a 97+ or for a 91-96?

Also does anyone have a decent write up on how to install this? I read Go-Jeep's, but didn't understand some of it. Do I re-use my power steering pump, or do I need one from a 99+? What else must I have to complete this?

Thanks!

Todd

Re: 99+ Intake Manifold Questions, Swap on a 93 XJ LONG

I completed this swap on a 91. So sorry if this information is not the "correct" way of doing this, but it worked for me so far. Almost 1K miles.

1. I reused the stock style pump (I say stock style because i have the AGR rockram) By drilling out the threads in the pump body. i was only able to use 2 bolts the upper and lower holes as the pump had kinda a freeze plug pressed in the side by the third bolt. you can use the original pulley however don't press it all the way on. the belt won't line up. get the 99+ pulley so can press it all the way on and it has holes to access the bolts.

2. I then ordered a new idler tensioner setup from a 99+. WAIT i made the mistake of ordering ALL the parts (Bracket, Pulley, 2 spacers, 1 short bolt, 1 long bolt, and the little block that both bolts go thru) then i learned that the little block, the pulley, spacers, and short bolt are all the same as what you have on there now. assuming 91-98? so only order the bracket, long bolt, 99 belt 3 pump bonting bolts and 99+ p/s pump pulley. more on the belt later

The existing idler pulley, bolts spacers will be removed from the stock location between to the thermostat hosing and the a/c compressorand resused in the new location.

3. By rerouting the belt like a 99+ hence the newer belt. you don't need the original idler. i did however have to grind the a/c bracket a little to get the belt to clear. yes all the pulley rotate the correct direction.

4. The throttle body and fuel rail bolt on, no mods needed. althought i did bend the return fuel line slightly the help clear the p/s resovoir.

5. I went down to a local radio controlled hobbie shop and got some aluminum tubing that i bent to run from the manifold to the existing MAP sensor and the fuel rail i just reused the the little rubber ends.

Thats all i can think of but if anyone has questions let me know and i'll go look at Jezabel (jeep's name, long story) and try and give you the answer

Dingo
91 XJ 8" custom long arm 33" swampers beadlocks D44 front D60 rear snorkel dual arb's winch lights on board air bla bla bla.

good lord, what did I get myself into? I ordered the intake already. I guess I need to become one with Go-Jeeps website, and figure it out. He did the swap on a 95, I dunno, I could be stupid, but I'm usually not.

If anyone else has some input, lemme know.

Thanks,

Todd

GoJeep's conversion makes things seem more complicated because his Jeep is right hand drive (Aussies drive on the left like the Brits). The pulley arrangement is also different.

Back