• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 seal problem

MudDawg

NAXJA Member #728
I already searched this...and the guys at Randy's have no answer so far. So here goes.

I broke my Tru-track...decided to reinstall my stock carrier with a lockrite and upgrade my disco axle to non-disco with new axles that use the 760 joints.

The problem is: on the pass side, neither seal from the disco eliminator kit fits. the 471763 seal falls into the tube and the E2292 seal is too big...NO WAY to install it without destroying it. I ended up reinstalling the stock axles for now so i can get my mud boggin fix.

Any definative answers about a seal that will fit?? I don't want to backyard machine the tube bore to rig the seal in. '85 mod D30

I used the same one ChuckD used, workin fine! :cheers:

ChuckD said:
NAPA's website pulls up a very different seal?

I looked at the pic and it is very different. Perhaps they changed numbers? When I did the swap back in OCt. 01 these are the part numbers I got from drive train direct:
National Seal: 471763
CR/Napa: 11340
Warn: 37897

Ok crossed referenced it and now it is listed as napa 11343 which is what it looked like. Sorry if this doesn't help. I looked at the one Chuck D listed and that really looks like it, so perhaps things have changed.

who did you talk to at Randy's? they should have listed 3 part #'s.
if you can get your hands on the books at your local napa then you can pick out just what you want.

The seal kit did indeed contain 3 seals...the stepped seal (didn't get the part number) fit exactly like the original seal in the drivers side tube...neither of the remaining 2 seals would work in the pass side...Understand that I am not in any way bashing Randy's...they said I have a previously unseen tube ID. And with my luck, it's the only one that ever rolled off the assembly line.

The CR 11340, 11343 and 471763 seals are 2.004 od, meant to fit a 2.00 bore. The TTO? #E2292 seal averages 2.065 od...its not real precise..I haven't found the dimensions for the national seals yet...if the guy at Randy's can't find the seal, the next time I have it apart, i will machine an adapter to accept a seal and press it in the tube.

I used a D44 axle seal on the outer vacum opening on my mj. I will get a part number for you tommorow. I have not had a problem with it.

Patrick

Back