• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to mount compressor??

under the hood work's fine, i put mine where the airbox was.

Picture006.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Can I add a question?

Can the compressor be mounted at an angle? Or does this cause any known problems?

I mounted my ARB compressor in the left rear of the engine bay on both my '92 and my '98. sits next to the booster/master cylinder bolted to the fender. Works well. I have added a York recently and plumbed it into the ARB system and it works so well I unplugged power to the ARB compressor... yet have it there in case it is needed. Jeff

AZ DESERT RAT said:
Just picked up an ARB locker for the rear....question is where to mount the compressor? Where did you guys put yours? Any pics...

Under the hood where the air box used to be (Have an air tube intake now)

Weasel said:
Eric do you run into any cooling problems with that setup? Hows the noise?

No cooling problems whatsoever in that location. Its better than having it in the engine bay because I have been told by someone that had the exact same compresser mounted in an engine bay (TJ) that he likes to open the hood when he uses it because it gets too hot when combined with the heat from the engine. It is loud being in the interior, but once my system is pressurized (takes about 2 minutes to fill the 2.5gal tank to 115psi) I can wheel most of the day using the ARB and the compressor might only kick on once to pressure back up.

As far as I know, they can be mounted at an angle.

XJWheelie said:
With this mounting did you put the original panel back in place over it? How does that work heat and noise wise?

Robert
Yes, it doesn't show at all.
The motor has a fan built in and the heat escapes through the opening for the seat belt.
As for the noise, yea, it is pretty loud but that'll happen anywhere you put it inside.

Back