• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seen this diff guard?

ZPD

NAXJA Forum User
guard

Dana44FullSpider379949986.jpg

I was looking for diff. protection and I thought that his looked pretty cool. Of course looks aren't everything.;)

Even has 8 legs.....
I agree looks pretty sweet. Don't see why it wouldn't hold up, but then again, I don't have much experience with rocks either.

You realize you would have to get a chrome cover to go under it also right?:D

It does look cool though, but a little extra strap on the part where the ring gear is goes a long way and is nearlly free.

looks are okay

Looks aren't everything, but it's okay for something to look cool AND work well. This looks like it qualifies on both counts!

Gary E said:
You realize you would have to get a chrome cover to go under it also right?:D

It does look cool though, but a little extra strap on the part where the ring gear is goes a long way and is nearlly free.

Ya I got a chrome plated one coming my way. I got to get one to match my chromed shocks, axle truss, shock hoop, bumpers, "nerf bars", mud flap brackets, naked chick on my mud flaps, exhaust, and whidsheild wipers. ;).

Chuck, I iwll have to check into those ebay covers. 1/8" thick and I could probably weld a 1/4" strap to it before I do the install. hmmmmm

Gary E said:
Shouldn't you allready have the HD cover?

I don't think mine is 1/8" thick. My 44 might be but my 30 definately is not. I will have to check it out later

You wouldn't HAVE to have the chrome cover. You could always paint the cover a lighter color. Chrome would look sweeter though.
Crunch

Crunch said:
You wouldn't HAVE to have the chrome cover. You could always paint the cover a lighter color. Chrome would look sweeter though.
Crunch

Chrome sucks :passgas: :puke:

Agreed. But, with that diff guard, it looks better than black would.

That does look cool but I think a few other styles are a bit more beefy and look just as mean.

I like my diff guards from Younger Bros. I have the D30 half guard and 8.25 full ring guard. So far I've hit the D30 guard twice and couldn't be more happy with how it performed. Of course they have the D44 guards too.

Ya, I have seen those before. Problem that I see with them is that they are cast. A casting without ribs is easily susceptable to cracks and fractures from impacts and voids during production. Still pretty tough stuff though. You take it camping and use it as a cast iron wok :roflmao:

I got one of those $20 HD ones off of ebay. I think I am going to wld some stuff to it.

I've only ever seen one of those Crane covers damaged in any way so far and it dented, not cracked. I'm not disagreeing, but if it took an impact hard enough to dent something that thick and didn't crack as well, I feel pretty good about it.

Cresso said:
I've only ever seen one of those Crane covers damaged in any way so far and it dented, not cracked. I'm not disagreeing, but if it took an impact hard enough to dent something that thick and didn't crack as well, I feel pretty good about it.

Oops my bad. I never heard of cast iron denting (significantly) so I did a quick search and they are cast steel. slightly different story but still spendy at near 200 clams :eek:

Back