• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Water Valve P/N?

fizassist

NAXJA Member #1052
Hi folks,
While using a breaker bar on my oil filter (no kidding...it must have been put on with an impact wrench before I bought the car), I broke the water valve. I believe that is the proper term (based on an oblique reference in the FSM). It is the vacuum-actuated valve with 2 water lines going to the heater core and 2 going to the front of the motor. I broke the vacuum switch off of the valve (both plastic). I fixed it for several months with a plastic epoxy, but it came off again. (I.e. no heat in the middle of winter.) I just zip tied it on (that should hold better than the epoxy), but I'd like to replace the part. Does anybody know the part number (or official name) from Dodge? I tried looking around parts.com but couldn't find anything that matched.

Thanks!
fiz

The parts houses around here have it listed as the heater control valve. I just had mine break on me. It would be best to take yours down there, because there a couple of different styles. Hope this helps.

Hmm...digging around autozone.com shows a "FACTORY_AIR HEATER CONTROL VALVE"....that sounds like a likely suspect. I need new wheel bearings for my Neon, anyway; I'll check that out tomorrow.

The 95 FSM refers to it as the "water valve." It shouldn't be too hard to get from a dealer. The plastic of these things is funny. The one on my stepson's 93 turned soft and fell apart spontaneously.

Make sure you specify the year. The earlier (closed system radiator) XJ's used a different valve.

Back