• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unidentified Wire and Connector

Big Cholla

NAXJA Member #1104
I installed Custom 4x4's tow hooks and brackets on the front of my 2000 XJ on Monday. Very good product. Their installation manual could use a little filling out, but trial and error got the installation sequence right. But, the real question is that upon removal of the OEM bumper, I found a wire covered with the usual protective covering and a four hole connector mounted and terminating behind the center of the bumper. It has never been used for anything since the vehicle was new. Any ideas what DC would have used that wire and connector for? Thanks.

air bag sensor???? maybe? take it out, completely ....glue it to the front of the bumper, and hit it with a baseball bat:pPPP see if that helps:)?

Big Cholla said:
I installed Custom 4x4's tow hooks and brackets on the front of my 2000 XJ on Monday. Very good product. Their installation manual could use a little filling out, but trial and error got the installation sequence right. But, the real question is that upon removal of the OEM bumper, I found a wire covered with the usual protective covering and a four hole connector mounted and terminating behind the center of the bumper. It has never been used for anything since the vehicle was new. Any ideas what DC would have used that wire and connector for? Thanks.

What are the wire colors? Got fog lights?

Thanks Guys: While I don't have an overhead console, I'm now sure that this wire harness is for the outside temp. sensor. Thanks for the help and the replys. BC

Back