• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wilderness roof rack

cherokeekid

NAXJA Forum User
rack with floor kit and mounts (fit factory zj and 91+ XJ rack mounts)

$275 obo

IM001260.JPG

What's the measurement from the roof surface to the top edge of the rack?
(It HAS to fit into the garage!) :laugh3:

the rack is 4" and I'm gonna say the mount and factory rail are probably another 3-3.5" it should be roughly 4" taller than a factory roof rack

cherokeekid said:
the rack is 4" and I'm gonna say the mount and factory rail are probably another 3-3.5" it should be roughly 4" taller than a factory roof rack
At 4" taller than the OEM rack, it wouldn't fit. Crap! :mad:
Thanks for checking.

BillR said:
At 4" taller than the OEM rack, it wouldn't fit. Crap! :mad:
Thanks for checking.

how tall is your garage? :D

My wifes ZJ almost fit with 7" and 35's with the rack (her rails sit higher than an XJ though)

hey mike, does this mount to the factory cross rails, or the rail sliders that run parallel with the XJ?

brandon

shimmy said:
hey mike, does this mount to the factory cross rails, or the rail sliders that run parallel with the XJ?

brandon

you would remove the cross bars (or I suppose leave them in doesn't matter) then these attach to the long part that is actually bolted to the roof.

make sense?

just comeup and buy it!! :D

you need to put it on a CC we can work that out too (might even cut a deal)

44.75"x52" (might be 54"-going off memory)

Credit Card?

Hmm. Another interested party here, but don't have the cash to waste.

Do you have or can you get the part Number for the rack? I am looking to make sure this will fit on my XJ.

Thanks
Jason

Last edited:
JMotorsprt said:
Credit Card?

Hmm. Another interested party here, but don't have the cash to waste.

Do you have or can you get the part Number for the rack? I am looking to make sure this will fit on my XJ.

Thanks
Jason

Yeah Credit Card, there is something I need and if you need to use a CC we can make a trade

I'll look for a PN but I don't recall there being one on it

I looked around last night to find out details on the Wilderness racks. Part number would help me to see what it came like from the manufacturer. This does or does not include the floor?

Why are you selling? PM me for the part you need. Is there any damage to the rack? Where did you get it from? Are you still in Bothell? If I had to pick it up with my Jeep? How quick would it install? Just a few questions that hit my head.

Thanks
Jason

shimmy said:
i think i'm gonna but a ford 9... its all yours jason

brandon

that's gonna look interesting on your roof :wierd:

I looked for a PN tonight and didn't see one, it is a garvin wilderness rack, powder coat is in great shape, My wifes jeep won't fit in the garage with it on (grand on 35 with 7" lift). comes with the mounts and floor kit. A friend got a quote for the same rack a while back IIRC the floor was an option I think he was quoted about 4 bills for one like this.

it can be disasembled and fit in the back of an xj pretty easily. Oh and I'm in Redmond now. Feel free to PM or e-mail me

Back