• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cold Starting Issue

MontanaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well, its about 0 degrees out right now and the '99 won't start. The battery in it is brand new and is a Heavy Duty with around 1000 CCA. It would barely turn over. I hooked up a Jump-It and it would turn over, but would not fire. My '87 Grand Wag started fine today. Since I got the '99 this Oct. the thing always seemed to crank slow. Is this a sign of a problem more than just it being cold out? Bad starter? Any ideas would be appretiated.

I took the battery out, brought it inside the house, and gave it a little bit of a charge. I then put it back in and attempted to start it again. It turns over just fine. It's acting like its not getting any gas or spark, it will begin to stumble without actually starting, and then quit. I guess i'll have to see what it does when it warms up again.

Possibility of moisture in the fuel line,get some "Dri Gas" takes the moisture out.Condensation will freeze in the gasline low spots.
Best to keep the tank as close to full as possible in the winter,helps keep the condensation from forming.

Back