• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moonroof leak...................

XJ89JEEP

NAXJA Forum User
my stock sunroof is umm, i dont know if i would say leaking because when i hold the hose up around the moonroof it dosent seem to let water in but in the morning there is a huge about of water or condensation built up on the inside of the glass part of the moon roof and on the inside of the windsheild too. what can i do to stop this? its making my jeep smell really bad on the inside... i want to fix this problem

thanks -

david

Pine tree air fresheners.........Chicks love 'em.

But seriously, condensation is caused by warm and cold temps. coming together quickly, like on the outside of an ice cold soda can on a hot day. So, my guess would be that after you use the jeepmobile and shut her down for the night, it is warm inside. If the temperature outside drops quick enough after the sun goes down, especially if it was humid during the day, the cold air outside will quickly meet the warm glass, and voila! And because warm air rises, the condensation is forming on the glass because that is where the warm air from inside the car is most quickly meeting the cold air on the outside of the glass.

BCKNBLK said:
Pine tree air fresheners.........Chicks love 'em.

But seriously, condensation is caused by warm and cold temps. coming together quickly, like on the outside of an ice cold soda can on a hot day. So, my guess would be that after you use the jeepmobile and shut her down for the night, it is warm inside. If the temperature outside drops quick enough after the sun goes down, especially if it was humid during the day, the cold air outside will quickly meet the warm glass, and voila! And because warm air rises, the condensation is forming on the glass because that is where the warm air from inside the car is most quickly meeting the cold air on the outside of the glass.

yea i know this but there is a lote of water, like way more than there should be, its so heavy that it drips ohto the carpet and the seats and everything gets soaked

XJ89JEEP said:
my stock sunroof is umm, i dont know if i would say leaking because when i hold the hose up around the moonroof it dosent seem to let water in but in the morning there is a huge about of water or condensation built up on the inside of the glass part of the moon roof and on the inside of the windsheild too. what can i do to stop this? its making my jeep smell really bad on the inside... i want to fix this problem

thanks -

david

If you have drain lines inside the roof, check that they aren't clogged. Park under trees much?

What you have is just normal condensation from the wet and cold conditions. Run your air-conditioning and that will help to dry out the air in your XJ. Check to see if your rugs are soaked and try to dry them out. We get condensation on our sunroof in the winter and have to let the XJ dry out with the windows open whenever we get a warm dry day after a snowstorm.

Back