• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana30 Lockright install

XJ4PINOY

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a Lockright locker to install for my front Dana30. Being this my first time and no instructions with the locker. Can anyone give me some words of advise before I tackle this. Any special tools i'll need or what I need to watch out for? Somebody said that i'll need a new pin?

depending on the gears you have, you may be able to remove the cross pin and spider/side gears without removing the carrier. I know with 4.10s, I had to pull the carrier and take off the ring gear to get the cross pin out because of the thickness of the ring gear. With numerically lower gears (3.07, etc.) You may be able to get the pin out without taking the ring gear off. It's not a big deal, just saves a little time.

LEAVE the thrust washers in there. (concaved washers on both sides of the locker sandwiched by carrier) You'll know what they are when they fall out. :)

Cool! Keep em coming. How about some instructions from start to finish?

Georgia Mike said:
Does anyone know if the axle shafts have to be removed for installation on a diff that doesn't require the carrier to be removed? Like on a 3.55 Dana 30.
They DO have be at least slid out a little ways to remove the spider gears. So that means rotors and hubs will still have to come off.;)

Georgia Mike said:
Does anyone know if the axle shafts have to be removed for installation on a diff that doesn't require the carrier to be removed? Like on a 3.55 Dana 30.
On this same subject I know it says to look and see if "something" will easily slide out of "something"???? Then you won't have to remove the whole carrier?? So on my 88 XJ non disco will I have the 3.55 gears? Anybody know?

Back