• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 axle shaft question

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i can get an XJ d44 for 275.00 but its missing the Left hand shaft.
will a left hand shaft from a ZJ d44 fit there?
can i get some reccomendations for companies that make QUALITY aftermakrted alloy / chro-mo shafts?

XJ_ranger said:
i can get an XJ d44 for 275.00 but its missing the Left hand shaft.
will a left hand shaft from a ZJ d44 fit there?
can i get some reccomendations for companies that make QUALITY aftermakrted alloy / chro-mo shafts?

TJ dana 44 shafts are the same size and can be used for XJ dana 44's. I should have a pair of xj 44 shafts for sale by this weekend. Let me know if you are interested. I want $150 for the pair plus shipping. That way you will have a spare shaft when U use the side U need to complete the axle. There is a slight diff between the 2 sides, but I hear it shouldn't matter.

U could also get the Super 44 kit with 33 spline Superior 4340 alloy shafts with a locker for $1K which is a good deal. I though about this, but I'm upgrading to a hp44 up front so I am selling my 30/44 for a hp44/9" full width.

Last edited:
Superior makes shafts for the TJ Dana 44. I paid $110 a side for the shafts, and sourced the XJ retainer plates, seals and bearings from the dealer. I think I got mine from 4WD Hardware at www.4wd.com. I'd look for something complete drum to drum, as the replacement drums are nearly the same cost as swapping in rear discs.

Back