• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Only one power window not working???

napa90xj

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching, but couldn't find anyone with this exact problem... so please forgive me if this has been covered...

I was driving to get some lunch today, and on my way there, I rolled my driver's side front window down. On the way back, I tried to roll it up, but it won't do anything... all the other windows work fine from the driver's side switch panel, except my driver front...

Before I start tearing into the door, are there any "common" fixes for this problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

TIA, any help is greatly appreciated...

Neil

I had this happen about 6 months ago, only it was the pass. side. It was the band on the power window regulator, and wouldn't you know it you cant replace just the band, you have to buy a whole new reg. IIRC it was around 100.00 bucks for a new one.

Damn, $100... although, I would rather replace the regulator than have to screw around with wiring problems... electrical work and I go together like water and oil... I can't stand it... (mostly because I don't know what I'm doing!)

Thanks for the help! :)

Neil

Try THIS LINK regarding some really good info and fixes for power windows...

Ivan

Mine did the same thing.. And it was the switch just run down to your local wrecker and grab one and throw it in.. Fixed min in about 10 mins

Before you go replacing the switch, take the door panel off and look in there. I had the exact same problem and it turned out that one of the two wires on the connector to the motor actually broke right at the connector. I just pulled the connector out, cut it off, and replaced with two female spade connectors and plugged the wires right in. Works perfect now.

NotMatt said:
Before you go replacing the switch, take the door panel off and look in there. I had the exact same problem and it turned out that one of the two wires on the connector to the motor actually broke right at the connector. I just pulled the connector out, cut it off, and replaced with two female spade connectors and plugged the wires right in. Works perfect now.
Same here.
Plus my window guides are worn and sometimes the window doesn´t go exactly straight up and jams a little sideways, a little wiggle tug and pull and it goes up again.
Plus the cable (worm gear type) window motor, rusts and wears right at the deepest point (gears slip). I put a hose clamp around the window actuator (cable guide) near the bottom, so the window doesn´t go all the way inside the wiper (door sill seal) and sticks above the rubber wipers about 1/4", really reduces jams.
Plus the rubber extension (tube) at the bottom of the window actuator cable guide falls off and jams in the bottom of the door, causing the cable to tie itself in a knot.
Plus the window guides get dirty and iced up, also causes problems, regular lubricatin with a dry luibricant or silicon spray helps.
A can of spray grease and yearly lubrication of the actuator cable and guide, really reduces problems.
Darned window motors and mechanism are just too darned expensive, to replace them everytime they act up.

Back