• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ 8.8 questions (yes I did a Search first)

tcf26

NAXJA Forum User
Is the 8.8 a bolt in on the MJ in stock form without going SOA? I know they are a little off for my YJ but only like small amount. I am not lifting it right now since it is my DD and I have my XJ and MY YJ for that, but I love the 8.8 and disk brakes for hauling stuff (putting one in my YJ as well)

And yes I know all about the brake line issues with the rear brakes on an MJ and that crazy prop valve, probably just bypass it. I am thinking of doing the booster swap to the 96 like I did on my Xj as well. Just getting some info before I head into it. I have a welder so moving perches is not a problem, but if I don't need to right now I won't.

I just measured my rear MJ axle last night and itappeared to be the same as a stock XJ. So the 8.8 should be a good swap. I agree as I did the 8.8 into my XJ before replacing it with a HP 9". I'm putting the 8.8 into my daughters XJ later on.

Thanks that helps in one way but I still need to know the MJ XJ width. My MJ and XJ are not here right now they are 3 hours away so I would measure them but I obviously can't! LOL!

Back