• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need pics of.....

i dont think that many people have done it.. i think its about a 3-4 inch lift in the rear on a cherokee with it spring over(correct me if im wrong) but i dont see how the flex would differ from a well worn in 3-4 inch lift...

A longer leaf will flex better for the same given spring rate and similar arch!

Unless you fabricate and move your rear shackle mounts, you will still be using the XJ main leaf and so it shouldn't flex any better than a good-quality or well-worn XJ lift kit. The MJ main leaf is several inches longer than the XJ.
Oh, and there's only one 'm' in Comanche. :D
Jeep on!
--Pete
ComancheClub.com

No i have around 9". i planned on running a leaf from these and putting them into my waggys and inboarding my springs since i cant really extend shackles and junk.

Just wondering how these work

did ya search?

Goatman has some version of them on his jeep. the main leaf is 5" longer eye to eye, so he moved the front mount 3" and got boomrang shackles for the last 2" extra if i am correct. I plan to copy him and do this mod bery soon as theyre cheap and i want to fit 12" travel in the back.

moving the springs inboard should produce some nasty behavior in the twisties.

Yeah, I run an MJ main leaf with the rest 1/2 ton Chevy. It is 3" longer in front and 2" longer in the rear. I just posted a pic of my front spring hanger in another thread about MJ leaves.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43596

Inboarding the springs usually isn't a good idea, not worth the loss of stability and potential loss of ground clearance.

well all my leaf mounts now are shot and i would perfer to build something better than the cheap crap. saw pics of NorCalXJ and he seemed fine so well see.

Bmxpunk1369 said:
if you can fit 38's under 4 inches of lift somehow im sure it would flex downward great but compress like crap given the small area of fit.

IF he could fit them.. i dont really think there would be much flex at all.. i dont thing it would be able to move....

Back