• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cup holder - new idea

Grizzley

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I for one HATE the fact that I have no where to put a can, bottle or cup of anything to drink. Only one I've seen that I liked was the side holder style from Jeep, but I'm planning on a CB there, so that was out. Found this in Autozone the other day for under $5. Used fender washers on either side for support and nylon locking nuts on the back so it won't come undone.

17placement.jpg

17room.jpg

At 6'3" and 250+ pounds there's still enough room for me. Ya, I have to move a cup to work a switch or open the door IF it's in the way. No big deal. . .just an idea anyways. By the way, this was made to stuff down between the seat and the console but comes with two mounting holes already there.

there is also the factory over the emergency brake setup

I went for the $1.50 at a truck stop setup - the one that wedges in the window seal...
17y7pd

XJ_ranger said:
there is also the factory over the emergency brake setup

I went for the $1.50 at a truck stop setup - the one that wedges in the window seal...

Ya, Sidriptide (I think) had one of those that went over the e-brake and I felt that it was too much in the way when I tried it. I have a couple like you have but they seemed a little to flimsy and fell out a couple of times on me. This is just another idea for what we lack. I had even picked up a couple of the ones that sit on the drive shaft hump and was thinking of cutting off all but the holders and mounting them on the floor directly in front of the seat so I could just reach down.

I just took two 3" pvc flat caps and a couple 3 1/2" long pieces of pipe..trashed the console and screwed 'em to the hump on either side of the e-brake handle....but then again the only thing inside my rig that isn't painted or coated are the seats... :sunshine:

DUDE!! Terry yer rig looks like a TRAIL rig... :thumbup:

Last edited:
While we're on the subject, I use this:
39006067.jpg

Screwed into the place where the power switches would be if I had such a thing.

And this:
39005536.jpg

Jeep on!
--Pete
ComancheClub.com
76127389.jpg

Okie Terry said:
Just use bike bottle holders. They work great. I even have one on my mower.

is.php

What is that Coppertone under the glovebox?

and do I see part of jumprope protruding from the center console?

Nice speaker.... You need to visit Chicago... I know some homies that can hook ya up with a "system" :D

Gil BullyKatz said:
What is that Coppertone under the glovebox?

and do I see part of jumprope protruding from the center console?

Nice speaker.... You need to visit Chicago... I know some homies that can hook ya up with a "system" :D
That Coppertone is Gavel's. If you look through the pics you'll find some with his shirt off. He's so vain. He's a macho man, toit like a toiger.

The jump rope handle is mine and it's a stick of sunblock.

If I do go to Chi town, I won't have to worry 'bout the homies hookin' someone else up with my junk.

Fun to see what people have just lying around isn't it?

Good gawd have you pigs ever heard of a vacuum?

I'm personally donating a big box of vanilla pinetree air fresheners to the raffle for winterfest.

I can smell those pics from here!

puke02b9tv.gif

Okie Terry said:
Could have done without seeing that.

Bum a cig?

Married... No need to impress anyone anymore

Remember... This is a DD, and spends a lot of time driving to and from work on the highway... Lots of smoking time

One of the few vices I still allow myself (and afford)

:greensmok

hmm... It appears we have the same interior... Mine's an '88 Pioneer

http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=77830

I was thinking of getting one of these. $16.99 isn't cheap as the $1.50 truck stop one, but its much more funtional than the bolton center consul cup holder i got from quadratec.com. which i think i might have paid anywhere from 10-20 bucks for :mad: No adjustability. I think its a bargain if i don't spill one drink on myself. Ill have it in a week see how nice it is.

Its adjustable and you can't beat the snob factor that it the SAME cup holder as Merceded 500 SL.

Gil BullyKatz said:
Married... No need to impress anyone anymore

Remember... This is a DD, and spends a lot of time driving to and from work on the highway... Lots of smoking time

One of the few vices I still allow myself (and afford)

:greensmok

hmm... It appears we have the same interior... Mine's an '88 Pioneer

WTF?! damn man my offroad rig isnt even that dirty! lol im just messin... but its true..

Gil BullyKatz said:

Ya been haulin gut-shot squirrels around in that pass. seat?

It's a little known fact that it takes less than 1/2 hour to remove a seat, peel the covers off like a banana and toss them in the washer.........let them air dry overnight and re-install in a reverse type manner. May want to soak those with some Simple Green first though..........

motorcityxj said:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=77830

I was thinking of getting one of these. $16.99 isn't cheap as the $1.50 truck stop one, but its much more funtional than the bolton center consul cup holder i got from quadratec.com. which i think i might have paid anywhere from 10-20 bucks for :mad: No adjustability. I think its a bargain if i don't spill one drink on myself. Ill have it in a week see how nice it is.

Its adjustable and you can't beat the snob factor that it the SAME cup holder as Merceded 500 SL.
if your going to include something that expensive (for an interior non-performance part) then i might as well show these blinging poser cupholders off...

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=1624

offroadcupholder.jpg

Oakie Terry said:
I even have one on my mower.
why is that not hard to imagine?

XJ_ranger said:
if your going to include something that expensive (for an interior non-performance part) then i might as well show these blinging poser cupholders off...

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=1624

offroadcupholder.jpg

why is that not hard to imagine?

Well if you have ever bought a $1.95 pop or $3.00 coffe etc. i think you can afford it :rattle:

Ever spilled a drink and looked like an arsehole with a stain on your pants, or worse SOMEONE else spills it ... like a girlfriend. Its hardly worth getting upset over. $16 for the best cup holder i have seen isn't "bling bling" :wave:

:laugh3: That looks like a "girlie type" purse to me just to the right of the tunnel!

XJEEPER said:
Ya been haulin gut-shot squirrels around in that pass. seat?

It's a little known fact that it takes less than 1/2 hour to remove a seat, peel the covers off like a banana and toss them in the washer.........let them air dry overnight and re-install in a reverse type manner. May want to soak those with some Simple Green first though..........

Back