• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ax-15 MC problems?

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
ok, so i was at Prairie City and i got into some water, and ever since my clutch has been acting weird.

when i push the clutch all the way to the floor, it sometimes disengages, but other times wont completely disengage. When i can get it to disengage, the clutch engages at a different spot on depression of the pedal than it used to - read: really close to the floor.

Im thinking that i somehow got water into the system, (i know that i sucked water into the engine - yes i pulled the spark plugs and air filter changed the oil when i got home) and am wondering if there is any way to drain the clutch system and re-fill and bleed?

any super nifty cool ideas?

-Ranger

really nothin special involved- just put a hose in a clear glass jar off the bleed screw and pump new fluid in untill its shiney clean with noooo water drops.

you might have some trash on the shaft inside though. It should wear off.

Did you push or work the clutch while it was submerged ?

RichP said:
Did you push or work the clutch while it was submerged ?

i dont recall
more than likely
I did not try to start the rig till i had emptied the head of water

what are the implications of either one?

Sounds like the seals on the Master Cylinder are hosed. It's a fairly common problem.

Back