• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No one loves VA?

BruteXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Why no love for Virginia? We are, technically in the SouthEast, ya know! We also have some great trails!
Such as:
Blakey Ridge, Crabtree Falls, Devils Ditch...and many more. Mud, rocks, rivers, tight mountain passes and ridgeline rides.
Message me for details, or: [email protected]

Photos up soon(tonight) on KPhoto.smugmug.com

hey man can you Pm me with some info on how to get to some of these places, i have hiked crabtree falls but i never knew about any trails over there. Thanks

scott

HoodRichXJ said:
Y'all got any pics of these VA trails and are they private or public? thanks always good to here about some place new.

Yea, what he said , Virginia is a beautiful state, I'd like to wheel there, just don't see alot of posts or pics about it.

hackedxj said:
Yea, what he said , Virginia is a beautiful state, I'd like to wheel there, just don't see alot of posts or pics about it.
To busy wheeling to take any pics! :laugh3:
Ya'll c'mon up- we'd have a blast.

Hell, everyone's invited, even the in-laws!
Feel free to drop me a message for info about VA trails, or to meet up and wheel. There are 3 great ones I'm familiar with, and as mentioned above, the area in the George Washington National Forest off of Rt. 33 towards West Virginia is absolutely infested with trails (they're actually marked as "Jeep Trails" on my map). Most if not all are public land and most of the Rangers I've met are happy to lend a hand....and they also drive XJ's!

Hey Brute I sent a pm and no reply. It looks as if there are quite a few of us that are interested in some VA trails. Why don't you just post some details so we all can start making some plans. Pics and links would be very helpfull too. Thanks Phil

Sorry, I never got the PM. I'll take a risk here.
You can Email me at: [email protected] for directions, questions, or invites.

I'm shooting for trail rides every other Saturday or Sunday, (to coincide with payday). I like to meet at or before noon, depending on where you have to come from, or where I have to go. I'm usually good on two day notice for a max of 100 miles from home. (Charlottsville, VA)

I'm also doing some long drives to explore possible new trails in VA, and another vehicle is a good thing to have along, but you know how these things go. We could find a great trail, or a road blocked off a hundred feet in. I'm hitting the Harrisonburg, VA area lately. Mostly in the GW National Forest area, so if that's you, let me know!

Thanks for the link, Nate.

Last edited:
BruteXJ said:
Sorry, I never got the PM. I'll take a risk here.
You can Email me at: [email protected] for directions, questions, or invites.

I'm shooting for trail rides every other Saturday or Sunday, (to coincide with payday). I like to meet at or before noon, depending on where you have to come from, or where I have to go. I'm usually good on two day notice for a max of 100 miles from home. (Charlottsville, VA)

I'm also doing some long drives to explore possible new trails in VA, and another vehicle is a good thing to have along, but you know how these things go. We could find a great trail, or a road blocked off a hundred feet in. I'm hitting the Harrisonburg, VA area lately. Mostly in the GW National Forest area, so if that's you, let me know!

Thanks for the link, Nate.

Hey GW is about a half hour from me.....let me know when you are heading up there. right now all I have is a stock jeep right now but should have a lifted jeep in 2 or 3 weeks. I am in H-burg right now so whenever you are heading up my way let me know! dothedew24_7 is pretty close to me as well maybe we could get together some saturday?

For those that are out of the area the place we are talking about is about a half hour outside off of I-81 in harrisonburg va.

yeah I would be up for that.....I am pretty much free on weekends and sunday's after about 10.....what days are good for you? Man I wish that lift was here.....

Back