• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to grease?

AKjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
i would like to know if anyone could give me info on my 99' jeep cherokee that includes all of the grease points and zerks. i know most of the obvious ones but was wondering if there was any diagrams or if anyone just knows how many zerks total to grease, any info would be great. thanks

Upper ball joints(2), tie rod ends(2), both ends of draglink(2), frame end of track bar(1). Unless they have been changed, the shafts on a 99 will not have grease fittings. Thats it.

Is there a diagram available where to find these grease fittings and what they look like? I assume a standard grease gun is satisfactory for use. Thanks.

neal60thXJ said:
Is there a diagram available where to find these grease fittings and what they look like? I assume a standard grease gun is satisfactory for use. Thanks.

I think explorer covered it well. Standard grease fitting is just fine, just go under the XJ and look...not hard to find.

Back