• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front driveshaft as rear

lostcreek21

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting a hack'n'tap SYE on my 87 cherokee 242 transfer case and I want to run a front driveshaft in the rear. I need to know where I can find the flang for the driveshaft to attach it to the SYE. Thanks

Rubicon express, currie, about any four wheel drive mail order place carries them. If you have the old style tcase where the slip yokes goes in and out of the t case just get an HD SYE and save yourself the headache. If you have the newer style im just about to do this set up and with my 231 and 8.25 it fits perfect with the hack and tap flange and that spicer 21229X.

I just did this on my `95 with 242 t-case and 8.25 rear using the RE hack-n-tap and the flange from rockford driveline. I pulled a shaft from an XJ with the 4.0/AW4/231 combo and when I went to bolt it in, it was about 3 inches too short. Even with the driveshaft completely extended it wouldnt reach.

Does anybody have some real life measurements of the front shaft they are using in the rear? Maybe I just pulled the wrong one :dunno:

Let me know what driveshaft you end up using to make it work.

Back