• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbe lift kit

flsurfer19

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to naxja but i have a 97 cherokee and i want to get 4.5" lift for starters. Is the rusty 4.5" a good lift or should i just spend the extra money for a rubicon express 4.5" super flex? I want to go bigger in about a year so, i guess my main question is how is the ride quality for the rusty lift? thanks

well i can tell you after wheeling today their hd trac bar end is sh!t and im not at all pleased with their adj uca and lca's, but the fixed lca's worked perfect. also when you order make sure they send you and extra spacer for your t-case skid bc they wont.

Do some searching on lift kits. You'll find that Rusty's isn't held in very high esteem. RE is, along with several others. You'll also get ideas for not buying a kit, and adding pieces to do it yourself.

Settle back, grab some popcorn, do a search, and spend the rest of the night reading. You'll be suprised how much you will learn!:)

i got my 4" Teraflex and im quite happy with it, too bad i had to manufacture the Tcase drop kit myself, but otherwise everything is fine, jeep flexes like crazy, and everything is fine.
With my kit i got springs for the front , and shackles and aal for rear.
The model number of the kit is SX4 and it comes with regular lenght control arms.

When your goal is that kind of lift height, and higher, you should get either drop brackets for the control arms(Rubicon Express) or go with a long arm kit(Full Traction). You can also add long arms to kits by using Claytons or something, but that can get more expensive. What price point do you have? What are your goals with the vehicle? I am in the process of installing the DPG/RE 5" kit so check out my thread, maybe it will help you out:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43671

Greg

Back