• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inchitus

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
Well Kevin just got home for his weekly trip to Rusty's and guess what he came home with...Not the 6" I thought but the 8" lift with long arms...We will be double the lift we have had for the past 3 years...LOL Anyonw know where i can get some SS TSL 34x 9.50 Cheap...????

Wow...I wish my SO went to Rusty's weekly and brought stuff like that home! Mine goes to Wal Mart and brings home stuff like nose hair trimmers and socks :rolleyes:

So this is for the Yellow '01 yes? ;)

Advice...unless you just LOVE those narrow wheels...go wider like maybe 34x10.5 LTB or 35x12.5

I about put mine on it's side yesterday thanks to skinny wheels/tires and a taller lift. The moron at the helm had NOTHING to do with it, I swear ;) I had the back tire 2' off the ground and the seat has a permanent crease.

We were just talking about that...We have a set of 8" ZJ wheels and will got for a little wider tire porboly the 34 x 10.50

Hey, sounds great but just a reminder the 34 -10.50 LTBs
are not good road tires at all.but they do well off road though.
Are you going to have it ready for july?
Cant wait to see it.

Man that's tall. I would definitely consider wider wheels, wheels with less offset, or wheel spacers. You will be shocked how much the stability is affected in off camber situations when you make the jump past 4", I was.

Last edited:
I would not put a 10.50 on a 8" rim. would put the side wall in harms way I would think. Plus it would have a tendancy to loose its bead. JMHO!

I run a 12.50 on an 8" rim with no problems
xj46.jpg

I understand and will just have to see...will be putting the lift on next Sat. Heading out for Paragon this morning..CU you all Monday...

Talking about wheels, I have 8" wheels w/10.50s
and the wheels do get scuffed and bent easy.
I would recommend 7s on 10.50s.

i have some 34 x 10.50 x 15 ltb's with about 80 percent of the tread, i would sell. let me know if your interested.

Greddy (red xj, long time ago at summertown)

Been too many days since a post on SE forum so I'll refresh the post count :)

Installed my +6" Rusty's hydro's in front to replace the Rancho 9009s yesterday with a set of his eye-conversion brackets + 'custom' 2.5" drop. Wow! nice to have some droop again. Also found ALL my LCA bolts were loose, so I laid a bit of wrench there too :doh: WooHoo no more sick-sounding clunks over every bump.

Hmm what else... Oh yeah, fixed the 120* off steering wheel and re-routed a brake line. gotta yet cover them up with rubber hose. Braided stainless lines DO NOT like rubbing on other metal things. The other metal things win and the rubber hose within the BSS sheath loses...trust me on this one.

Baby steps towards Tellico in a month!

Sorry Charlie

Already spoken for swop for a full gauge set (hopefully low-mile so I can lie to self about what a low-mile beauty I am driving)

Those 9009s were perfect for a 4.5-6" lift using OEM upper/lower mount points. Too short for 6.75 with the bottom end mtd to the LCA... actually the new shox are too short too :bawl: butfawkit for nowsince they are in there.

"run a 12.50 on an 8" rim with no problems"

....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L--O|||||||O
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

Be better with some red mud stuck to it and some dents from wheelin it... :rolleyes:

Freakin Cali Freaks invading... put up an electric fence!

Back