• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire size??

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
with the RE 3.5 lift

would i be able to run 32" tires with out cutting the fenders?

i heard your could with a skinnier tire or a rim with less back spacing
is that true??

so what is the biggest tire i can put under my cherokee with out cutting the fenders?

if any one is doing this let me know and show me some PICTURES!!

thanks guys

With my RE4.5" I rubbed just about everything with 265/75/16(32x10.5) on factory wheels!
bump12.jpg

cassio said:
i know yall get tired of being asked the same questions but c'mon thats what a forum is for lol

i dunno if the forum is here so people can ask a question they can find by searching but ill play along....

just for reference...im running 31x10.50s on stock rims with about 3 inches of lift or so and they rub the LCAs at full turn. I have my fenders chopped up to and they rub the top of the wheel well, and thats with factory bumpstops.

Im sure you could do it, find a 32x 10.50 get wheels with 3.75" or 4" of backspacing and the right bumpstops

cassio said:
ok cool

your rubbing 31's with 3in that doesnt seem right

Offroad, it will rub. If you never plan to leave the asphalt, you'll be ok.

As far as 32" tires on a 3.5" lift goes....

sawzall.jpg

Last edited:
cassio said:
ok cool

your rubbing 31's with 3in that doesnt seem right

what exactly do you mean doesnt seem right?

Edit: when i say rub top fenders i mean full flex offroad...onroad is perfectly fine except for the full turning and LCA rub

I'm running 33x10.50's on stock rims (5.25" backspacing) and they rub badly on the LCA's when turning sharply. I only have a 3" lift but the sawzall took care of any fender rub :)

i'm running 3" lift with some BFG 265/75/16s. roughly a 31.6 x 10.50.. i had to tirm the front and rear edges of the flares just so i could make a full turn each way.... no intention of wheeling it with these tires as i'd need to trim the rear too.... my 30s on stock TJ 15x8s are a perfect fit and will swap them back on soon..

Reminder
cassio said:
with the RE 3.5 lift, would i be able to run 32" tires with out cutting the fenders?thanks guys

You guys with stock rims and LCA rubs.....are those Stock LCA's? Anyone tried tubular LCA's(ie. RE, or JKS?) with an success at removing the rubs?
Thanks,
Andy

On a 2000, I ran the RE 3.5, with stock rims, 31 x 10.5, and no trimming, no rubbing, anywhere.

--ron

93 RE 3.5, 31x10.50--on stock wheels...will rub lower control arms at full turn and barely touch the fender lining when tucked at full flex...they dont grab the flares though...

Like ron said...i have the same thing 2000 w/ RE 3.5 Superflex...31x10.50 on stock wheels...no rubbing at all (only offroad at full flex w/ front swaybar disconnected.)

Back