• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Window Problem

IdeaMan

NAXJA Forum User
My 97 Cherokee drivers side controls will roll down any window. Each passenger however is unable to roll their windows up or down. It doesn't matter if my drivers side window lock switch is up or down. So the problem is either that switch, loose wiring at the switch, a fuse, relay, or something else. Before I pop off the plastic thing that holds all my switches and possibly crack the holding tabs and have it never fit quite right again, I thought I'd ask if this has ever happened to anyone else.

Yes my 2000 does this alot. Might be like that all the time now. I belive the problem is the window lock switch. I seam to recall someone stating that they go bad inside. As far as I know the only way to fix it is to replace it with a new one, and you probibly have to buy the whole thing too. So I would guess that its a little expencive too. When mine does this, the lights on the indiviual switchs do not light up eather.

Thanks for the link! These forums really save time and money. Just to make it easier for anyone else having this problem, here is the instructions on how to bypass the window lock switch:

"My 2000 had the same problem. After reading here about the cost of a switch replacement, I bypassed the switch. Behind the drivers side kick panel(by your left foot) there is a connector c307. It has three wires: yellow, tan, black. Leave the wires connected to the connector but short (solder) the yellow and tan wires together. I stripped back some of the insulation on each one and twisted them together before I soldered them. The yellow and tan wires go to the bad switch. By shorting them together, the windows always work no matter if the switch is depressed or not. Make sure the wires are still plugged into the connector as it came from the factory. If you remove the wires from the connector, it will not work."

Back