• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok need a bit of assistance please......

gr8lite

NAXJA Forum User
Last night the bottom door hinge on the drivers side broke, argggggggggg !!!
So this mornin I order a lower factory door hinge. The dealer delivers it , WOW its a pair and they are Very different from the stock one! I call they he tells me its a superceeded part #. OK so whats the deal on installing them? There must be a Factory Tech bulletin right? NOOOOOOOOOOOO no such thing he and 2 other dealers tell me!
The originals appear to be bolt on / rivit in hinges. The new one bolt on the door , and I am quessing here they WELD on the body!!

Has anyone here done this "factory upgrade" yet? If so what are the special little trcks for it? Thanks in advance for all the help!!

94 XJ , 4.0 , 5 spd, 4" lift , 31's runs / drives awesome!

I think what you have is the repair kit. Send a message to Mikeyl as I think he had to fix his hinges not too long ago and he used the repair kit as well.

gr8lite said:
Last night the bottom door hinge on the drivers side broke, argggggggggg !!!
So this mornin I order a lower factory door hinge. The dealer delivers it , WOW its a pair and they are Very different from the stock one! I call they he tells me its a superceeded part #. OK so whats the deal on installing them? There must be a Factory Tech bulletin right? NOOOOOOOOOOOO no such thing he and 2 other dealers tell me!
The originals appear to be bolt on / rivit in hinges. The new one bolt on the door , and I am quessing here they WELD on the body!!

Has anyone here done this "factory upgrade" yet? If so what are the special little trcks for it? Thanks in advance for all the help!!

94 XJ , 4.0 , 5 spd, 4" lift , 31's runs / drives awesome!

When my Jeep was about 2 years old my upper hinge on the drivers side door weld started to crack. They replaced it with a "new" hinge and welded that one back on also...

My original hinges were welded....
95 Cherokee Sport

Alex

Back