• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon June 20-22

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who's planning to make this trip? I'll be going up after work on Thursday, probably leaving Bakersfield around 5:00. The Sierra chapter is putting this trip together, so there is discussion about details on their forum, but I'm wondering who from SoCal is planning to go?

This will be a unique trip. We're going to run it backwards, starting from the Tahoe side, and becuase it's been a wet year with late snows there should be plenty of water. I think the plan is to camp Friday night at Buck Island Lake, and Saturday night at Spider Lake. That will allow us to unpack our gear at Spider, and then go play in the Little Sluice....either driving or watching.

Wish I could but alas it isn't going to work out for me.

For those that haven't ever been, this is a incredible trail not only for running it but the beautiful scenery. I strongly recommend running it.

You guys have a good time.

I plan on going but will not know for sure until time gets closer. Keep your fingers crossed for me, will yah?

Big Jeep 101 said:
I plan on going but will not know for sure until time gets closer. Keep your fingers crossed for me, will yah?

Mike, keep an eye on the Sierra chapter forum for info. I hope you can make it.

Back