• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple Lift Issues/Questions...

ghettocruiser

NAXJA Forum User
Well...got my 4.5" Superflex kit installed last night. 94 Sport, 4.0, auto, 8.25 rear. Everything went together fairly well. Ran into some snags...wont get into those just yet. One of the biggest problems is vibes. Major major vibes. I got a SYE on the way. So...my question is this. The e-brake cables are pretty tight. Ok really tight. I didnt read anything about them. I assume they need to be lengthened or replaced? Ive read about people using TJ cables I believe... My other question is...do I need a drop pitman arm? Ive been hearing no...but my steering angles seem weird. Other than that...the vibes, some steering issues, and having to trim to get the 33s to fit good...I think Im set. Thanks in advance for any info...I did some searches, but couldnt find what I wanted.

Justin

Vibes- look at your front pinion angle - when i went to 5.5" my angle was off just enough to kill the double cardan part of my front shaft and vibrate to all end...

no on the DPA again - check this out (im at 5.5" front end lift...)

http://www.opiebennett.com/Steering.htm

ghettocruser said:
I got a SYE on the way.
i asume you have a new drive shaft as well?

im not sure on the e-brake, but i have heard of people using another pasenger side line - becasue the pasenger side line is longer? dont take my word, but something to search for...

what did you do about your trackbar?

-Ranger

Just get you some selftapping bolts and move the ebrake bracket further back on the frame rail. I think my total cost wost $1.75.

XJ_ranger: Nice link! Thanks a lot. Im going to look into that after work. So it could be my front drivshaft vibrating? Makes sense. Yeah I do have a DS coming. The SYE plus a custom length drive shaft. Thanks for the help!

jrsxj98: Thanks for that idea. I was so burnt out after doing the lift I didnt look into the cables much. Ill take a look and see where I can make up some slack. Thanks for the idea...Ill give it a try.

Any more suggestions are welcomed!

Justin

go to the junk yard and get the e-brake line from an opld full size cherokee or wagoneer. It worked for me. Also I have 6 inches of lift with out a DPA. I had death wobble for a day until I put on a new stearing stabilizer shock. That was over a year ago, still no problems.

passenger-side e-brake cables from a YJ. They run about $18-$20/ea, and are SUPER long. If you go that route, cross the lines over to help take up some of the slack.

DCP00717.jpg

Your steering should be just fine, just get that thing to an alignment shop ASAP.

i have the same lift, and it vibrates like crazy on highway cruizing speeds... its ok at 0-70km/h

XJ_ranger: How exactly did you adjust your front pinion angle? Im pretty sure my vibes are coming from the rear. Im going to try some shims in the rear to see what happens. Hopefully a simple temporary fix. Im kind of hesitant about tearing into the transfer case but it seems not too bad. Thanks for the site on steering alignment. I think Im going to try that tomorrow if I have time. I just want to be able to drive her. Its sad. Sittin there in the driveway with puney little tires and wheels. Driving me crazy.

Justin

Back